Some step for selling the ideas ( middle 1991 )
- Library resource : tropical institute in Amsterdam
- Interview local people : it was found the first guest house was built at Munduk Village about 1910
- Research scientists ( Dutch ) did research about rain forest, ancient culture heritages at this area.Subsequently Lifering, Van Der Tuuk and Dr. Goris built a musem for taking care of the sacred lontar collection called Gedung Kertya
- Some group of international friends to have their opinion about Munduk and at last they strongly suggest to build facilities differently with the south.
Selling the ideas :
- Inviting International Organizations such as :
British Council, Goethe Institute, US agriculture to participate in order to realize the project. Their involvement will attract the International community, especially independents journalist and writers to expose the event widely to all over the world.
- Discussions with the Government and local people, we invite a lot of guest speakers to explain the benefits of the project to the local people as well the dangerous impact of tourism.
Try to formulate the whole objectives of the project, in order to meet the needs of people living around the project.
- The hotel facilities consist of :
- Traditional cottages rooms
- Renovated colonial style building 5 rooms.
- A restaurant seating 30 people
- A small kitchen unit and parking area.
These were opened on October 2, 1992 .
Rules and functions of Puri Lumbung Cottages :
- As a small scale unit of agent of economic development in a rural area, it must yield a profit.
- As a centre for life education for the young people to learn trade skills and entrepreneurial programs ( apprentice program ).
- Utilize local human resources :
recruit staff locally and from the surrounding village
Traditional talents :
Dance and music foundation
Craft and painters
Healing treatment and massage
Traditional game ( gangsing and cock fighting )
Carpenter, brick layer, cooking
Yoga, meditation and spiritual discussion
Reforesting – subak
Developing organic food, growing organic crops.